An enterprise employing several dozen employees very intensively utilises the Internet bandwidth for communication with its contractors. Most frequently problem reported by employees is “slow Internet connection”. At the beginning of the year 2012, Lan Projekt started the implementation of a solution enabling monitoring and filtering of traffic in the computer network. Simple to administer software operates in web browser’s window (so-called ‘thin client’). Benefits for the client:
- Control over the utilisation of Internet bandwidth
- Filtering and blocking undesired protocols at the level of the entire network or individual computers
- Blocking access to selected portals, web services and websites
- Easier diagnosing of problems related to computer network traffic, thanks to the real-time analysis functionality
- Control over network traffic: e-mails, instant messengers, websites visited and all activity in the Internet.
The solution used enables more precise programming of the router for bandwidth control